Jewellery. Pendant & earrings. Phillips Brothers, London. The pendant composed of three cast laurel leaves and a berry, the stems of which are coiled to form a wide loop for suspension. Each earring is cast in the shape of a laurel leaf, the stem twisted over to form a loop into which is hooked a hemispherical berry, the stem of which is curved over and downwards to pass through a pierced ear. In original D-shaped maroon morocco case, the base lined with dark red velvet, the lid with purple silk, printed in gold below a crown ‘PHILLIPS,/23, COCKSPUR ST/LONDON.’ On the base of the case, a rectangular label, printed ‘FENTON/33 Cranbourn St,/London’ with a row of figures above in blue-black ink ‘3970 . . . . ‘ that of a later vendor. Silver, height, pendant, 8.8 cm, height, earrings, 7.2 cm, circa 1860. Victorian. Acquisition Credit: Given by Mrs J. Hull Grundy.

Phillips Brothers, hanger en oorbellen, circa 1855-1869. Foto met dank aan The Fitzwilliam Museum©
Phillips Brothers, hanger en oorbellen, circa 1855-1869. Foto met dank aan The Fitzwilliam Museum©

Phillips Brothers, hanger en oorbellen, circa 1855-1869. Foto met dank aan The Fitzwilliam Museum©